description

quod pro nobis traditum est

Friday, April 18, 2008

Midwest Tremors

An earthquake (New Madrid fault) of 5.2 magnitude hit near West Salem, Illinois, this morning and was felt throughout the Midwest. Although we slept through the tremors, TV announcers say it was felt in Milwaukee and as far north as Peshtigo.

As a child in the Philippines I experienced a major earthquake that did major damage elsewhere and did much shaking of the house. I remember my parents taking us out of the bedrooms and putting us under the dining room table. There was more than one occasion when this happened. I was young enough to marvel at feeling and seeing everything shake in the house. Fortunately, my parents were more concerned about our safety.

Other news: the Colorado Rockies beat the San Diego Padres last night in a game of 22 innings. The game lasted more than six hours.

No comments: